Quick and easily for an afternoon treat! Pistachio Squares – they won’t be on a plate for long! Enjoy
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup +1 tablespoon All purpose flour
powdered sugar (optional)
DIRECTIONS for Pistachio Squares
1. Preheat oven to 325 °F (160°C)and lightly grease a 9-inch /23cm square cake pan.(For best results choose shiny metal ones. Aluminum and tin are the best meals for baking pans.
2. Place the pistachio nuts in a food processor and pulse until you reach a fine powder. Don’t worry if If there are still a few lumpy bits, do not worry just be careful not to pulse the pistachios into nut butter. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat the eggs,vanilla and sugar together until fluffy (about 3 minutes).Gradually add the melted unsalted butter and mix until just combined. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl and using a spoon, fold to combine. Add the pistachio and continue to fold until well incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, or top is rounded, smooth and springs back when lightly touched in the center.
5. Leave to cool in cake pan for 5 minutes. Remove it carefully from the pan. To remove the cake use a thin-bladed knife and with sawing motion, run it between the cake and the pan. Place the serving plate on top of the pan and turn it upside down. Rap one side of the pan with the flat side of the knife blade and carefully lift the pan from the cake.
6. Once completely cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.