Chunky or creamy peanut butter can be used for these irresistible treat -filled cupcakes! Children of all ages seem to love this combination. Enjoy Peanut Butter Cups (Cupcakes)
Serving : 24 cupcakes
1 ¾ cups King Arthur all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 cup milk
24 mini peanut butter cups (unwrapped)
1/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups. Onto a piece of wax paper, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients (except peanut butter cups)–
- Using a wooden spoon beat in the flour mixture 1/3 at a time, alternating with the milk and beginning and ending with the flour.
- Spoon the batter into the cups – fill paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Press a peanut butter cup into batter.
- Bake at 350 °F for 20 minutes or until tops spring back when touched lightly in center. Transfer the cupcakes to a rack to cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. ENJOY
- 350° F is a moderate oven temperature that will cook your food without burning it (for a reasonable amount of time!). Your food will taste more complex and undoubtedly more delicious.
- Paper baking cups can replace butter or oil in a muffin tin; they prevent your cupcakes or muffins from sticking to the tin and crumbling into pieces.